Christian & Small Partner Greer B. Mallette will be one of the presenters during the Friday, Oct. 28, 2016 Alabama Business Law Conference at the Birmingham Marriott. His presentation, “Ethical Issues When Representing Multiple Parties,” (eligible for one hour of Ethics CLE credit) will occur from 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. and will discuss the representation of multiple parties when business deals, particularly LLC formations, go wrong.
The Alabama Business Law Conference packs one day with Circuit Court Judge Patrick J. Ballard and leading authorities delivering critical law practice guidance on the hottest topics and some of the most complex issues a business law practitioner could face. Highlights include:
- Drafting LLC agreements under the new LLC Act
- Restrictive covenants in employment and sale of business contracts in light of the recent revision of Alabama’s restrictive covenants law
- New federal Defend Trade Secrets Act – the basics of a civil action and damages
- Preliminary business contract negotiations – tips and strategy
- Advising your clients in choosing the proper form of business entity – pros and cons of various options
- Do and don’ts when trying a business case – from a judicial perspective
- Ethical considerations when representing multiple parties and the business deals, particularly LLC formations, go wrong
Participants will earn seven hours of CLE credit (six hours of general and one hour of Ethics). The Birmingham Marriott is located at 3590 Grandview Parkway (Highway 280). More information about the 2016 Alabama Business Law Conference can be found here.