About OUr Nonstop Advocates Holiday Giving Campaign
- Beginning in 2010, Christian & Small gave a gift that’s true to our mission of being “Nonstop Advocates” for the community rather than sending a traditional gift such as wine or a gift basket. Via the firm’s holiday card, clients were invited to visit a special website and enter a secret code that would direct a financial contribution in the client’s name to one of three charities. Clients could check back often at NonstopAdvocates.com to see the progress. At the end of the campaign, Christian & Small and our clients made a significant impact on three organizations:
- 53 students were reached through Teach for America
- families of four sent to Disney World through Make-A-Wish
- 17,500 meals provided through Feeding America
- The response was overwhelming and in 2011 the Holiday Giving Campaign focused on education, providing:
- 16 scholarships for students to attend the Higher Achievement Summer School;
- scholarships to 24 Holy Family Cristo Rey High School to attend Generation Next; and
- one month’s tuition for 12 students at Restoration Academy.
Our 2012 and 2013 Holiday Giving Campaigns were also incredibly successful and incorporated a social media component that allowed the selected non-profits to tell their amazing stories to an even larger audience. Combined, the campaigns provided:
- Room and board for students to attend the Higher Achievement Summer School (2012 and 2013)
- Funding for one student in the Corporate Internship Program at Holy Family Cristo Rey High School (2012 and 2013)
- Tuition assistance at Restoration Academy (2012) and providing access for one student to participate in the school’s Setting Up Success program – Restoration Academy’s new individualized academic program – for one year (2013)
- Assistance with funding the cost of recruiting, training and placing a Teach for America teacher in Alabama (2012 and 2013)
Christian & Small is proud to support these innovators who are defying the negative norms in Alabama’s education system and empowering the next generation. We invite you to join us as we celebrate these initiatives in our state and encourage you to support educational programs in your community.
What will the 2014 Holiday Giving Campaign bring to our community? Check this space during the month of December for additional information!