Jack Kubiszyn primarily focuses his practice on general real estate matters for national clients, while also representing developers, borrowers and lenders in commercial real estate loan transactions – including landlord and tenants in leasing matters. He actively represents regional clients in the acquiring and disposing of office buildings, retail shopping centers and multi-family apartments, and his experience preserves his clients’ interests while helping them avoid the difficulties, including litigation, that can result from the failure to secure effective, knowledgeable counsel.
Jack is the author of several articles on real estate-related matters, and frequently presents at seminars on topics such real estate contracts, title insurance and boundary line disputes. Outside the office, he is a founding board member and is actively involved with the Young Stars Foundation – an organization in Birmingham’s Woodlawn community that promotes education and physical fitness for inner city youth through weekend, summer and after school tutoring and athletic programs.
- Represents developers, owners and financial institutions in a wide range of commercial real estate transactions – including acquisition and disposition of multi-family housing, office and industrial properties, financing and refinancing for developments, and 1031 like-kind exchanges.
- Represents financial institutions in the transfer of distressed loans and assets, as well as in foreclosure actions.
- Represents clients in a broad range of corporate matters, including the formation and structuring of limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, and other pass-through entities for business transactions.
- Represents landlords, tenants, brokers and companies in contract and lease negotiations for commercial properties.
- Represents companies in land use proceedings.
- Supports and oversees litigation in employment disputes and contractual issues.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- American Bar Association (ABA): Member
- Alabama State Bar: Member
- Birmingham Bar Association: Member
- Alabama Council on Real Estate (ACRE): Member
- Young Stars Foundation: Founding Member, Board of Directors
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Frequent speaker on the topics of real estate contracts, title insurance issues and boundary/property line disputes.
- Author of the numerous articles on real estate related matters, including issues involving redemption rights and ad valorem tax assessment issues:
- Pitfalls in the Redemption of Property by Lenders
- What Alabama Homeowners can do to Reduce Their Property Taxes
- Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Landowner Seeking to Develop Property
- Alabama Legislature Passes Bill Protecting Lenders’ Rights When Redeeming Property
- Governmental Shutdown and its Effects on the Real Estate Market
- Alabama Supreme Court Holds Lender is Not Required to Own a Mortgage When Foreclosure Proceedings are Initiated