Hannah Kennedy discovered her passion for litigation while she was still in law school – driven by her desire to use her advocacy skills to help individuals through tough times. Her interest in the courtroom led her to seek out trial competitions and committee memberships that would help her gain practical litigation experience. And prior to entering private practice, she gained invaluable trial experience by prosecuting numerous criminal matters, including felony and capital murder cases, as a Deputy District Attorney for both the 15th and 16th Judicial Circuits.
Hannah understands that clients seek out attorneys when they are feeling most vulnerable, and that one of her primary responsibilities as a client advocate is to help speak on her client’s behalf when they may not be in a position to speak for themselves. She believes that everyone deserves to be treated with respect and that building a solid reputation as an effective litigator rests on an attorney’s ability to help guide their clients through the legal process in a professional, efficient manner.
- Deputy District Attorney, 15th Judicial Circuit of Alabama District Attorney’s Office (Montgomery, Ala.): Trial experience includes 14 felony cases, including Murder, Robbery I, and Capital Murder
- Deputy District Attorney, 16th Judicial Circuit of Alabama District Attorney’s Office (Gadsden, Ala.): Trial experience includes one felony Capital Murder case
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Alabama State Bar: Member; Young Lawyer’s Section
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association (ADLA): Member; Board Member, Young Lawyer’s Section
- Defense Research Institute (DRI): Member
- Birmingham Bar Association: Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association: Member; Board of Directors (2015-2016), Women’s Section
- Hugh Maddox Inn of Court: Member
- Montgomery County Young Lawyer’s Association: Member
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Co-Author with Tommy Spina, Does the Nose Really Know?, The Guardian (Newsletter of the Alabama Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, 3Q 2012)