The legal community has long recognized Ed Elliott as one of Alabama’s top litigators. He was listed in The Best Lawyers in America for more than ten years, is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a retired Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and the International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Ed has served in various leadership positions during a legal career that has spanned more than fifty years. He was president of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association from 1977-1978, and led the Birmingham Bar Association from 1992-1993.
Ed was a partner at Christian & Small’s predecessor firm, Rives & Peterson, until 1994. That year he accepted a position as general counsel of litigation for Liberty National Life Insurance Company. Of Counsel with Christian & Small since 2000, Ed’s influence is still ever-present at the firm.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association, President, 1992-1993
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association (ADLA): President, 1973-74
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC): Fellow
- American College of Trial Lawyers: Fellow
- American Bar Association (ABA): Member
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell*
- Recipient of the Birmingham Bar Association’s Nina Miglionico “Paving the Way” Leadership Award recognizing professional excellence and contributions to the success and advancement of women lawyers, 2008