Whether he is on the job at Christian & Small, or on the court coaching boys basketball, David Faulkner takes a team approach to everything he does. David says he always uses the terms “we” and “us” in any correspondence or communication with clients, because he considers them members of the same team.
David has a broad civil trial practice that includes premises liability, products liability, commercial transportation and trucking, personal injury, insurance, fraud and business and commercial litigation. He has experience defending major retailers, large and small transportation companies, various product manufacturers and retailers, and liability and health insurers.
Some of David’s most rewarding work occurs on a different court – the basketball court. He enjoys coaching and mentoring kids from all walks of life through community youth sports. David says there’s nothing like witnessing a child make his first basket, and knowing that he’s had a role in teaching that child a valuable life lesson about setting and achieving goals.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Alabama Legislature: House of Representatives, District 46 Representative; Member, Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Reform Task Force
- Leadership Birmingham: 2015-2016 Class
- Birmingham Bar Association: Secretary and Treasurer, Young Lawyers Section
- American Bar Association (ABA): Council Member, 2004-06; Task Force Chair Membership and Long Range Committee of Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section; CLE Director, President’s Cabinet and National Conferences Team, Young Lawyers Section; Chair, Tort, Trial and Insurance Committee of the Young Lawyers Section
- Alabama Judicial System Study Commission: Member (October 2015 – November 2018)
- Alabama Holocaust Commission: Member
- Birmingham Kiwanis Club: Member
- Mountain Brook Chamber of Commerce: President, 2005-06; General Counsel, 2003-present
- The Club: Board of Governors, 2001-04
- St. Luke’s Church: Vestry, 2006-09; Acolyte Leader, 2002-present; Eucharistic Lay Minister, 2009-2010
- Young Life: Committee and Advisory Board
- Actively involved as coach and commissioner in several youth sports, 2004-present
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell*