When Dan Sparks was 11 years old, his father took him to the local jail and showed him people behind bars. He vividly remembers the deplorable conditions and the feeling that he never wanted to go to jail again. Then, he became curious about why the men were in jail. He wanted to know what had led them to that place and about the laws that put them there.
Dan remains curious about the law in his current practice at Christian & Small. He continues to gain first-hand experience and often puts himself in his client’s shoes, knowing that legal issues are as important to clients at midnight as they are during business hours. Dan represents lenders, corporations and individuals in all aspects of commercial litigation, bankruptcy, workouts, asset recovery and foreclosure matters.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI): Member
- American Bar Association (ABA): Member
- Alabama State Bar: Member
- Birmingham Bar Association: Member
- State Bar of Georgia: Member
Awards and Recognition
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell*
- Selected for inclusion in Alabama Super Lawyers® 2012 and 2013 in the field of bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights
- Selected for inclusion in Alabama Super Lawyers ® 2013 Top Fifty Attoneys
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2011 and 2012 in the fields of bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law and commercial litigation; and selected for inclusion 2012-2013 in the fields of commercial litigation, banking and finance and litigation, bankruptcy litigation, and bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights
- Listed as “Top Attorney” in field of bankruptcy for Birmingham Magazine 2009 – 2013
- Listed as one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s “Best of the Birmingham Bar”