At 11 a.m. on Thursday, June 29, three weeks of hard work and dedication culminated in the Higher Academics Summer School (HASS) students’ presentation of their 2017 mock trial – The People v. Andrew Madison. The Defense team was coached by Christian & Small attorneys Jim Carlson (Partner, *not pictured), Richie Thayer (Partner, far right), Irving Jones (Associate, far left), and Hannah Kennedy (Associate, *not pictured).
The Christian & Small Defense team consisted of the following HASS students (from left):
- Dkahri Porter (Sophomore, Murphy High School) – Defendant Andrew Madison
- Jaquira Edwards (Senior, Hale County HIgh School) – Attorney
- Nevaeh Foster (Freshman, Robert C. Hatch High School) – Attorney
- Jimesha Walker (Sophomore, Francis Marion High School) – Defense Witness Jamie Lincoln
- The Honorable Judge Shera Grant, 10th Judicial Circuit (Jefferson County, Alabama)
- Nikkyah Jones (Freshman, Robert C. Hatch High School) – Defense Witness Penelope Carter
While the Prosecution team ultimately won the day, we are tremendously proud of the Defense team’s efforts and congratulate all of the HASS students for their preparation and enthusiasm for their respective roles in this year’s mock trial!